Monday, June 9, 2008

recital

My little ballerina...(and tapper)...
that's my girl, right smack in the middle... arabesque...their ballet number was to "My Favorite Things", Zoe looked so graceful, I cried, I am such a sap!
with her beloved teachers...
her favorite costume and number... they did "Hey Mickey" complete with pom poms! I had to show Zoe the Toni Basil version on YouTube so she'd understand why they were using the pom poms and dressed like cheerleaders...
Noah, the only boy in her class was really shy, he was "Mickey", that's Zoe second from the right... my mother-in-law said that they put Zoe in the front because she was the only one who knew all the steps! She might be a little biased... that's ok, I liked her being in the front!

Zoe worked so hard to perform in her dance recital. I have to say it was because of her wonderful teachers, Miss Jennifer and Miss Chelsea. They were so sweet and nurturing, perfectly suited for Zoe's personality. They really helped her blossom this year, her confidence and ability have really improved from last year. I hope next year's teacher(s) will be just as perfect. Zoe has been invited to perform with the competitive team and I felt like it would be a good year to try, we don't have to pay for preschool next year so the added expense won't seem like a true hardship. They get to perform several more times in addition to the yearly recital. Zoe is so excited to be a member of the "Tiny Stars" team. I, of course, am so proud that her dedication has been recognized. She still doesn't understand why she only got to be "Dancer of the Month" one time, she tells me, "mommy, I kept working really hard every time, I think I am dancer of the month this time too!" My sweet girl.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Zoe is a DOLL!! Congrats to her for a successful recital and being asked into a special dance class-you will have soo much fun.