Wednesday, June 4, 2008

cleanin' my ride

I just love a clean car, always have, always will. I don't like clutter in my ride or food everywhere. I guess I'm consistent because I don't like my home like that either. When I was a single gal and all I had to keep track of were tapes and scrunchies (hey, I was livin' in the 90's!) it was kind of easy. I just kept everything in the console between my seats. Add in two kids, a dog, and a husband and well, things get a little complicated. With this warm weather and the kids playing outside constantly, I am having cleaning and organizing withdrawal, I know, I am a sick person! So I use this time to tidy up my van. I don't know who the knucklehead is who designed a mini-van with no console between the seats but if I ever meet him I am going to b--ch slap him, it had to be a man, no woman would do that to us moms-in-vans. Anyway...

I keep this cute little Longaberger basket up by me, it has pencils, my phone charger, a wipe or two, some hair rubber bands, and scissors. I like having something pretty and that I love in my car, it makes it nicer to be driving around doing all those errands.
Here is what I keep between the driver & passenger seat... a coupon organizer (for restaurants and Target, etc.), a bag of treats for the kids, wipes, Ziploc baggies to divide M&Ms (!), my little pouch that holds my library card and change for fines (hey I'm not organized all the time!), and a CD case. I also keep a trash bag here too that is emptied about every other day.
In between the kids' seats is a basket of books, doodle pads, clip boards, a pouch of pens and crayons, and whatever else junky stuff that Zoe just has to bring with her.
In the very back I keep diapers, more wipes, toilet seat covers, bandaids, neosporin, and a teeny sunscreen bottle, and a towel to dry off playground slides since we usually go in the morning when things are still wet with dew.
I also have started keeping my canvas grocery totes in the back so I don't forget them when I go shopping. There it is, how to organize a van that has no built-in storage. It's a good thing (I can't wait to catch up on my Martha this summer!!!!)

No comments: