Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I got tagged

I got tagged by my friend Kristi (who I miss so much since she has moved away) so here goes:

20 years ago: 1988
I was probably getting a home perm and some pink lip gloss for school as well as an Esprit outfit and tote bag. I was probably expertly pegging my jeans (like Katie Holmes is now!!!) and eating some Chef Boyardee. I was getting ready to enter high school as a freshman and I was facing a huge disappointment. I didn't make the cheerleading squad. I did the roundoff/backhandspring combo thinking I was a shoo-in. Well, the girls who made it, could do a roundoff/backhandspring/back-tuck combo. I was totally devastated. I tried out for the dance team and color guard and made that and thankfully so. I think it helped me stay out of a lot of trouble. All those extra practices and performances and trips to all over (even Disney!) kept me busy and away from bad things. I made new friends (at band camp- hee hee!) and it helped me later at UK make their squad as well.

10 years ago: 1998
I was a kindergarten teacher, workout queen, partying-with-my-gal-pals maniac. I took a cruise with my best friends and still look at it as one of the best times of my life. I was enjoying my little apartment and taking classes towards a Masters degree. I was probably making lesson plans and prepping things for my 60 students to arrive in my classroom. I hadn't met my husband yet (strange to imagine) but I was dating and having lots of fun. I think this is when I was at my healthiest ever, I worked out for about two hours a day! I still wish for that time to take care of myself.

5 years ago: 2003
I was a married, stay-at-home mom to my sweetie pie Zoe. We were thinking of building a new house (where we are now) and my husband was getting ready to start his new job as head principal of the biggest high school in Ohio. I was a lonely woman looking for other mommy friends. I was trying to find a way to adjust to no scheduled work time and learning how to manage my home.

3 years ago: 2005
I was a big bellied preggo. I was hot and miserable waiting for my second baby to be born (Parker). We were in our new home and Zoe was beginning gymnastics. I found the MOMS club and was so happy to have some moms to meet with to share my mommy life. We were counting the days until our baby would be born...

This year: 2008
I am a big bellied preggo again! I have a while to go so I not so hot and miserable this time. My husband is still a dedicated principalling dude. Me and the kids, well we are busy, busy, busy. We have been scheduling all kinds of things like doctor appointments and getting school supplies, as Zoe will be going to kindergarten (!). I am looking forward to a few months of time alone with Parker. We are going to do lots of fun things (even if it kills me) like storytime at the library, a mom and me class and playtime at home.

Yesterday: Monday
I did laundry, cleaned a couple windows, went to Target, played outside for hours with the kids, finally put Parker's first year scrapbook album together (after his original one came apart completely), cleaned out my fridge door, read the US weekly blog and some other blogs, watched a taped show I like (The Secret Life of the American Teenager-my gal Molly Ringwald stars!), and made chocolate chip raisin oatmeal cookies.

Tomorrow: Wednesday
I think we are going to drop off stuff to Goodwill and probably play outside some more.

Next year: 2009
I will have another new baby (in August he/she will be about 9 months old) and Parker will be starting preschool :( , Zoe will be getting ready for first grade, my hubby will be getting ready for another new school year. I will be as busy as I am now I imagine. Hopefully, we'll all be happy, healthy, and excited about a new school year.

There you go Kristi! Thanks for the memories!

No comments: