Tuesday, August 5, 2008

movie recommendation

Go see "Swing Vote". The new Kevin Costner movie is so good. I love that it was released now just as our own presidential candidates are beginning their mud slinging and commentators are beginning to dissect each one's campaign. It made me laugh (out loud), cry, get mad, think, ponder, wonder, and most of all it was just plain enjoyable. I haven't liked Kevin this much since "Field of Dreams." The girl who plays his daughter is such a great character (sorry can't remember her name, I think it is Madeline Carroll) and she nailed her performance. There are so many other famous actors (and people playing themselves) it made it fun to see them in one movie. Now, it is a movie so it gets a little over-the-top but the message is clear. I give it a big thumbs up.

here is the trailer on You Tube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWodSDYgfXA

No comments: