Friday, August 8, 2008

thanks babe

Don't ya just love this? Me too. My hubby helped me get this lovely piece of artwork. I am always asking him, "can't you pull some strings and get ____ for me? you're the principal of the biggest high school in Ohio for goodness sake!" Usually, he is just too busy to help me out with my wild ideas, like I said, in charge of the biggest high school in the state, doesn't give him a lot of free time. Anyway, we went to the spring production of "Phantom of the Opera" (our school was only one of four in the country who got permission from the Phantom people to put it on this year, only because we have an outstanding arts department, yeah us!). The art students had transformed the auditorium to look like a real Paris opera house and they had these huge banners hanging from the ceiling with these awesome paintings. Just a side note, I've seen Phantom about 8 times, no joke, on Broadway and everything so I was kind of fading in and out, not because the kids weren't doing a good job but because I could probably sing it with them off-key of course! So I noticed these banners, again, I said, "honey, I love those birds, get the kids to make me one." Hubby said, "huh, oh, ok, yeah they're cool." I just knew I wouldn't get one. I kept looking at them through the whole show. About a month later, my honey walks in and says, "I have a surprise for you." He had gotten the lovely Megan to paint me a birdy picture and I was so excited. I just love it and I love looking at it all the time. We have it in our family room right now, unframed for now, but I hope to get it framed sometime soon. We gave Megan enough money to cover the cost of her supplies (it is a big canvas) and a little more, I felt she deserved it. I think she just might be famous some time. I know art is totally personal as to whether or not you like it, but I truly think this is a cool piece. Thanks to my sweetie pie who listened to my request.

No comments: