Monday, August 25, 2008

time is flying

I just finished reading in my newspaper that Prince, Madonna, and Michael Jackson are all 50 as of this summer! (MJ will be on Friday) OMG, when did this happen? Does that mean I am getting older too? Man, did that time go fast or what? These were some of my favorite musicians when I was a young girl. They were icons to me. I had posters of them plastered to my walls. I had lace fingerless gloves and mesh shirts to go with my black tights under my mini skirts (when they were in style the first time!). How can these people be 50? When I was a teenager, 50 seemed so old and far away. Madonna seemed like she'd always be that cool 25 year old trendsetter. Well she still is kickin' it. And Prince, well, he is the only short guy that I have ever described as "sexy." Now, Michael Jackson is another story, but his 80's fame is still memorable to me and I rank "Thriller" as one of the best albums ever. Hearing that these stars have turned 50 is a good reminder to me to savor every day because it goes by so quickly!





my favorite songs by:


Madonna: Dress You Up
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEO7CNByPC4



Prince: Delirious (and Little Red Corvette of course! to be blasting from my 'vette someday)
(can't find this one, Prince is probably not letting You Tube show his stuff, that diva!)

Michael Jackson: Don't Stop 'til You Get Enough
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_hz2am90Hk

No comments: