Friday, August 22, 2008

love, love, love

"Real love stories never have endings."
Richard Bach
American Author of Jonathan Livingston Seagull

I promise I won't keep sharing these quotes from Inspiration Peak, but how 'bout this one? Someone there at I.P. must have a direct link to my brain. I was enjoying some quality alone time with Parker this morning since he got up way early. We were snuggling and cuddling (which he rarely does, he is just to darn busy for that!) and I said, "I have to put you down to get you some juice." He said, "no mommy, hold me." Guess what? I did. And I am so happy because of it. I couldn't help thinking, someday he'll be big and won't want me to hug him. And then I thought about how I used to hear how strong a mother's love can be, not that I ever had any doubt about that, I was just reaffirmed of it this morning. So while my quote today probably refers to that romantic kind of love between adults, the more I thought about it, the more I thought of all the things I love and how I can't imagine not loving them.

No comments: