Wednesday, August 13, 2008

nesting

Let the "nesting" begin... I have been a cleaning maniac and checking-things-off-my-to-do-list maniac (unfortunately it is so long, not sure if it will ever be done). It has to be that pregnancy nesting, but I am a homebody anyway so I feel like I am always doing house stuff. We painted our family room this weekend and it looks so good (I think!), now I have to make the window treatments. We hung drapes in our bedroom (I've had them for about two months, still in the packages!). I am making valences for our bathroom, almost done. I have started to clean out our coat closet/black hole (I actually do this every year before school starts, it amazes me the things that find their way in that place.) I have boxes loaded in my van for Goodwill and books ready to take to Half Price Books. I cleaned my scrapbooking area (!) and have sorted all my old fabric to tackle all my sewing wish list projects. I am loving all this energy and I am trying to get as much done as I can, I know it is short-lived and once peewee is born, I won't have time. I'm a little in mourning about that because I love to be a task master and get things done. I just get a thrill checking off items on my (many) lists!

a helpful hint I just discovered while cleaning out my fridge:
You can put your shelves from the refrigerator door in the dishwasher and they come out clean as a whistle! No more milk spots, dried jelly blobs, or sticky syrup streaks, unless of course you are more Martha than me and you clean up spills immediately! I put all kinds of things in the dishwasher actually, but this was a first time and I love how good they turned out. I have never tried the big shelves from the fridge, only because, well, they are too big!

No comments: