Monday, September 20, 2010

happy Fall y'all

I can't believe it is officially the first day of fall and it is 96 degrees outside our house! Wow! I have been getting a few fallish decorations out for around the home, of course you all know I am addicted to cute hand towels. I think these are reminiscent of my teaching days when I had to make bulletin boards.

Parker is dying for me to get out Halloween stuff, he is so into creepy things but I told him he has to wait until October. We have made several trips to Walgreens just so he can look at all those gross decorations and masks.

Every day we go collect acorns that have fallen from our neighbor's giant oak. (I already asked them if they care, they don't, it is a lot of acorns, definitely should take a picture.) The poor people have been out there three times with rakes and brooms trying to clean them up, even with my kids collecting them, there is a carpet of acorns on the ground.

I am itching to wear some jean capris with cute cardigans because my tan (what little one I had) is fading fast but it is still too hot for those.
I made some pumpkin spice dip that was sooooo good for my mom's birthday party. It has me wanting some more pumpkin goodies like cookies, bread, pies, no wonder I need weight watchers!

I hope everyone out there in blogland is having a nice first official full day of fall.

No comments: