We are having a snow day today. No school. Not what I wanted for today. I have tons to do. But instead we played outside and now we are going to finish making sugar cookies. **sigh** All my "to do's" will have to wait.
I wanted to share my creative project from last week that I originally intended to make to get me out of my funk.
I started with these cardboard pieces. They are from a recent Costco trip. I bought Progresso soup and when I put the cans in my pantry, I noticed these perfect rings on the cardboard. I just knew I had to use them for something.
So I put some stickers on some with some snowflake tag things (found years ago on the Target clearance- I have like 200 of them so I have been using them for various crafts over the years!). I put a picture on one circle (an ornament for the tree) and you can see our book basket tag. I used Mod Podge over them all too, just because I was feeling so crafty.
I tied them to a piece of twine with ribbon scraps.
And I made a banner. I think next year I might drape it over the Christmas tree. It is a little small for the window. It says, "merry Christmas" but the lighting was bad and you can't really tell. Sorry!
I'm not sure I am totally out of funk, but I am glad I found the time to do something I wanted to do instead of all the things I feel like I have to do!
My weekly menus:
- tortellini with spinach and sausage
- baked chicken and veggies
- oven fries and sub sandwiches
- chef salads
my things to do this week:
- make a dent in my wrapping
- write master grocery list for Christmas/Christmas Eve/Tanner's birthday
- make/plan menus for above three events (probably before I make the grocery list!)
- adapt final gifts to buy list (I have to see what I still need to get- hopefully not much!)