Wednesday, December 1, 2010

watchin' my weight Wednesday

This is what learning a new Weight Watcher program on your own looks like...
You do not have to do it alone!!!

I was given the materials for our new Points Plus program a few weeks ago and I was totally overwhelmed at first. I had to miss a staff training session because we were going out of town and boy do I wish I had stayed home and gone to the staff meeting! So I read, and read, and read all the materials and attended another training session. Then I started doing the new program and by golly, I lost a pound my first week! Yipee! Now you gals know I post about my weight/health issues every Wednesday and I haven't lost a pound since JUNE!!! So this new program works! I have been dying to talk about it but we had to keep it hush hush until the new reveal this week. (Normally, we do not have to do things on our own but employees had to do the program first before members and since I missed the launch meeting, I had to go it alone.)

It is a lot like the old program that we do count "points" daily but now based on science and three years (!) of testing, food points are based on carbohydrates, proteins, fats, and fiber grams. Yes! I was so excited. I feel like this new method is more like all the books and things I read about losing weight. Do not get me wrong, I love Weight Watchers, it has changed my life (and my family's), the old program worked, so did the one our founder Jean Nidech started in the seventies, but times have changed and I love it that WW has adapted as well. I love the idea of eating "real" food and less processed items (I did feel like WW focused on these sometimes).

I hope if you are interested in the program you take advantage of a free meeting. (No, I do not get paid to say that, I am only a substitute receptionist- someday I hope to be a leader, when the kids are all in school- I truly think more people could benefit from learning about healthy lifestyle changes.) Look here to find a meeting in your area. Now if you'll excuse me, I am going to eat some "free" fruit (those of you who are WW members, know fruit used to have point values, it "cost" you points!).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jenny- I just joined WW this past Saturday and I'm looking forward to the new program. But I must say, I've lost 2.5 lbs so far this week. So its been great so far with minimal changes to my lifestyle.