I have so many pet peeves when it comes to grocery shopping. I thought I'd share a few of them. So if you feel like that might be grumpy, it won't hurt my feelings if you click to somewhere else, see you Monday if that's the case.
My grocery store pet peeves:
- when one store (in the same chain) doesn't have the same brands as the others (only one of my Krogers I frequent carries the organic peanut butter I like! and it is the farthest away from me)
- please stop stocking the aisles in the daytime when us mommies are pushing our carts full of kids down the aisle, I hate getting trapped behind a wall of boxes on my way to get Cheerios, can't they do this at another time?
- I really get mad when they run out of advertised sale items.
- bad, mushy, non-organic produce
- dirty kid carts (or wet ones brought in from a recent rain storm), yuck! or when they have no carts available in the store
- my nearest Kroger does not plow the snow, it is impossible to push a cart out to my car in the snowy weather, I have complained several times
- bad music playing, my favorite grocery store (that is now closed) used to play the best music, I used to sing along, not kidding
- frequent and annoying intercom pages- really do we have to hear the employees screaming about price checks and then slamming down the phone every five seconds
- backed up check out lines with only one or two cashiers working
- when I forget my reusable bags (see photo above) that's my fault, not the store's
- my most biggest pet peeve of all: is when I am shopping without my kids (rarely) and I am trying to read Us Weekly and the cashiers tell me to move to another line so they can check me out faster (I know they are trying to help), don't they know I want to take longer.... jeez, it's not that often I am kidless and have time to read a magazine for pete's sake! Usually I end up tossing the mag in my cart and impulse buying it, conspiracy I tell ya.
Well, I have to go now, I'm off to the grocery for the third time this week! Seriously. Enjoy your weekend everyone.